Gooner in exile, away fan and cook

Saturday 5 February 2011

Barcodes

A brief preview to the Newcastle game tomorrow.

But first, let me say this. David Moyes - Shut the fuck up. It's boring and no-one cares.


Look at me. Look at my eyes.  I'm not real. I talk shit incessantly about something so trivial just because we lost at The Arsenal. I stroke Fellaini's hair as I sing him to sleep while breast feeding Tim Cahill from my whisky dripping teets, as Phil Neville dusts and cleans around us.

Right.

On paper, it would seem that it is a good time to play Newcastle. Andy Carrol's just naffed off for a few more quid (much as I think they're paying for potential, isn't 35 million just a little extreme?). Ameobi's out with a smashed face, and according to ESPN they may sign Jeremie Aliadiere to bolster their striking options. Chuckle.

St James's park, on it's day, is a brilliant place to watch football, like a giant cauldron full of steaming zebras. And the atmosphere, if the home team are on top I must add, is second to none. We go into this game missing Song, who got a proper kicking by Koscielny, apparently. That's what I want from our centre halves - fighting spirit, getting stuck in, kick 'em if you have to, but please, not our own players. So that leaves either Diaby or Denilson to step in. With rumours flying around that our average Brazilian may also have a knock, we could be stuck with Diaby. Update - average Brazilian has said knock. Don't get me wrong, I rate Diaby, it would just be nice to see him have a decent run of games to prove his worth. I expect him to last no more than twenty minutes before limping off with a niggle, to be replaced by Rosicky. Fingers crossed, though, eh?

Arshavin will most likely start after coming on with immediate effect against Everton. His cool finish, one hopes, will have restored some of the confidence that has been oozing out of his tiny Russian pores for a few months. I know it was only a goal that any decent player would have slotted in, but on recent form you wouldn't have been surprised if he'd have hit the corner flag. But you know what? I have a good feeling about him today, that's all I'm saying.

One must presume that both City and Utd will win their games against WBA and Wolves, and Chorres will beat Liverpool on Sunday, so three points, again, is a must. A little bit of revenge from our home defeat by the magpies (which still makes me shudder) back in November is the order of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment