Gooner in exile, away fan and cook

Thursday 10 February 2011

I'm off.

Just a quickie, slightly rushed inbetween tacos, bread and butter pudding and the astonishing piece of information that my home town of Buxton is the same height as 'The Shard' being built at London Bridge. Thank you Mr Walton.

For those of you interested, I'm going to The Lake District tomorrow morning with Simon Amstell Hair until Monday. So that'll be nice. This means that there will be no blog over the weekend, but I will endeavour to catch up on my return. I have re-grown the beard for the intrepid look, and I've packed all the walking gear. I'll fucking look the part, alright, I can tell you, but the closest we'll get to adventure is a cheeky fag out of the back of a pub in the pouring rain. I do have 'Blog Press' on my i phone, but I'm fucked if I know quite how to use it. I'm a decorator, not an IT geek, you know. If, however, things appear on Twitter that look like some form of blog, then I apologise in advance for being inept, drunk, or both.



A Geek I am not.



Saucy Jack had a fine 45 minutes yesterday on his full debut for Engerland in wonderful Copenhagen (aaaah), and I thought Theo did ok as well. It was a pity for Jack that he only got a half, especially considering the hype surrounding him, but as an Arsenal fan I'm pleased he didn't play longer. Theo lost an eye following a vicious attack on his beautiful face setting up Engerland's first goal. It shouldn't affect him too much, it didn't hurt the careers of Napoleon or Sammy Davis Jnr, both wonderful flying right wingers in their day. So breathe easy.

A few words on Nicklas Bendtner, following his performance last night and his interview the other day. Yes, Nick, considering the money that Tevez, Rooney and that ilk earn, then you probably are worth your £52,000 per week, relatively speaking. The fact that you cannot ski saddens me greatly, to such an extent I can't sleep thinking about you in your massive London residence staring forlornly at your still gleaming skis. I weep openly at the thought of your neatly folded salopettes gathering dust. Don't worry, son, hang in there. Your career will be over in ten years or so and then you can do all the skiing that you want. I like Nick, because of his charming arrogance, and by all accounts his self confidence is 'off the scale', but in this financial climate I just think his comments are just a little insensitive.

His performance last night was typical. 'Useful' is what I call it. Played alright, didn't set the world alight either. When one oozes confidence and arrogance, one needs to back it up. Now, I hate Cristiano Ronaldo, and I mean hate. A diving wanker he may be, and arrogant in the extreme he is. As a footballer, there are few better, but he can and does back it up. Maybe there's a clue to all this in the word 'can'. Is he really as good as he says he is? In flashes, maybe. To be fair, we've never really seen him play game after game after game without injury. Still, young man, get your head down, Nick, and stop talking shit. Actions speak louder than words, don't you know.

Incidentally has anyone seen Nicklas and Ian Poulter in the same place at the same time? Just saying.

Just a few thoughts for today. I'm off to pack, and then to watch Simon Amstell Hair pack, so it'll be a miracle if we ever leave at all. Until next week. Come on you Reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment