Gooner in exile, away fan and cook

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Nigglocaust

Good Evening, ladies.

Prior to yesterday's game, a few text messages went back and forth a little like this -

- got a bad feeling about tonight
- got a draw written all over it
- just ain't feeling it tonight.

You get the picture. Were we the only ones 'not feeling it'? I always feel comfortable playing against teams we should beat when we play away from home, not so at The Emirates.

Anyway. Someone, somewhere at the ground last night brought with him a bag of niggles. And when I say a bag, I mean a sack, and when I say sack, I mean a big fucking sack. And he/she proceeded to sprinkle them all over the place. Horrible little snidey tackles were the order of the day, and there was a nasty undercurrent to the whole game, not least helped when Everton scored a controversial goal.

Saha's goal? I don't really care about the rules, in fact, I readily admit that half the time I don't understand them. Call me old school, because I am, but it was offside. So bollocks.

More niggling. Half time. I'm sure that Mr Wenger sat them down at half time and told them to calm down. If he didin't, he's madder than I think he is, but whatever he said it worked. We carried on playing our football, kept probing, whilst being snapped at by little Everton shirt wearing Jack Russels, until the breakthrough came. Luckless Andrei, who had replaced Rosicky, pounced on a delightfully weighted Rodwell back - header to stroke home, and within minutes Koscielny rose to meet Van Persie's corner to make it two one.

It was a vital result in a tricky game, against difficult opposition. Eight bookings tells the story, as does a couple of knocks to Song and Walcott, and how Sagna kept his sausages in tact is beyond me. Both Man Utd (snore) and Chelsea both won last night, so a loss (or a draw, which is pretty much the same thing in my opinion), and we'd have been eight (seven yadda yadda..) points behind the leaders.

David Moyes, after the game, stated that Fabregas should have been sent off for something he said to the fourth official and the useless pillock that is Lee Mason. Oddly, Arsene said that he didn't say anything, but I'd have been more surprised given the debatable decision for the goal if he didn't say anything. Now, I don't want to get drawn into all this (which I clearly have), but it's a bit fucking strong coming from a man that went charging onto the pitch to confront referee Martin Atkinson after the Everton-Man Utd game back in September. Sour grapes, I think, now fuck off and eat them.

Arshavin got the goal that we've all been hoping for, as, I suspect, has he. Listen, we know this guy is a player. Hopefully, it will be the shot in the arm he needs. Like I've said before, we need players like him to be performing back to their best if we're to have a tilt at all the big shiny gorgeous things on offer, especially with Nasri out. Keep it up Andrei, and I'll buy you a big lollipop.

Tomorrow, I'm forty, so I'm off now to enjoy the last Stella of my thirties with my girlfriend who shares the same hair as the DaSilva brothers and Simon Amstell.

No comments:

Post a Comment